When you are camping or on the road in your Texas RV you are bound to get thirsty every hour or so. If you are like me this Texas heat makes me crave a cold sweet tea, but I know I can’t have it all of the time! I try and drink as much water as I can, but sometimes you just want something sweet. Sometimes your ExploreUSA RV crew wants you to be more creative about the drinks you provide. Here are some creative and yummy looking drink recipe, if you have any to add please do!
Good Ol’ Alabama Sweet Tea, via allrecipes.com
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 gallon water
- 1 tray ice cubes
- 3 family sized teabags of orange pekoe tea
- 3 cups cold water, or as needed
- Pour the sugar into a large pitcher. Bring water to a boil in a large pan. When the water begins to boil, remove from the heat, and place the teabags in. Let steep for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Remove tea bags, and return tea to the heat. Bring just to a boil, then pour into the pitcher, and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Fill the pitcher half way with ice, and stir until most of it melts. Then fill the pitcher the rest of the way with cold water, and stir until blended.
Banana Breakfast Drink, via drinksmixer.com
- 2 small ripe banana peeled
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 packages Kool-Aid® Cherry mix
- 4 liters soda water
- 1 can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 1 can frozen pineapple concentrate
Make up the kool-aid ahead of time, by dissolving in a small amount on water (as little as possible). Don’t add sugar! Cool this mixture. With everything cold, mix it all together, just before the party. You can add sherbert to keep it cold, or make ice cubes, or an ice cube ring, using the kool-aid mixture. You probably won’t need to add any sugar to this, as the soda, lemonade, and pineapple juice should contain plenty.