Even when the gas prices aren’t soaring thru the roof, gas is still one of the biggest costs when operation a recreational vehicle Texas! To keep more money in your wallet and less on gas, check out these RV driving trips that will save you some money!
- Keep your tires properly inflated. This is the agruably the number one factor when it comes to saving money on gas. Check the pressure on your tires frequently. You may also want to consider filling your tires with nitrogen instead of oxygen.
- Find the cheapest gas station. There is a least one app to help you your search.
- Don’t fill up on weekends where prices usually get hiked.
- Keep your engine properly tuned.
- Avoid long idles. If you plan on being stopped for more than one minute, shut off the car. Restarting the car uses less fuel than letting it idle for this time.
- Watch your weight load. The lighter the load, the less energy and fuel are used.
- Avoid rapid acceleration, sudden braking and speeding.
Here are some other good tips too:
- Join Good Sam Club and enjoy valuable member benefits and discounts.
- Spend less time driving and more time enjoying. According to the RVIA, 52% of RV owners plan on spending more time at campgrounds (or in one place) and 45% will reduce the distances they travel this season.
- Take advantage of destinations that offer plenty of activities your family enjoys.
- Use the air-conditioner sparingly. When the air-conditioner is running, it puts an extra load on the engine, increasing fuel consumption. If you’re not home, turn the air conditioner off.
- Keep the latest edition of the Trailer Life Directory in your rig so you can quickly locate campgrounds and attractions offering a discount to Good Sam members.
- Protect your RV and your family while on the road with Good Sam Emergency Road Service
We hope that the above tips help keep more cash in your wallet during your next RVing trip. We’d love to hear any tips you have to utilize gas more efficiently! Just post your tips below or swing by any ExploreUSA RV Supercenter!